Home Insurance

Dial Direct offers home insurance that can be tailored to your individual needs and lifestyle. After all, there’s no place like home.

There are many great reasons to choose Dial Direct for your home insurance needs.
We’re proud to say that 87% of Review Centre users recommend us!

Dial Direct's Home Insurance features and benefits include:

What it covers

Things to think about

Tailor your insurance package

Dial Direct offers premium insurance products with a wide range of features and benefits, allowing you to build a truly comprehensive insurance product that fits with your needs and lifestyle. When selecting a product, please make sure that it meets your individual insurance needs.

Call us

Making a claim

Need to make a claim? Call our 24 hour claims helpline where our team of specialist representatives will be there to help you every step of the way.


Our fraud prevention measures

Frequently asked questions

The amount of contents cover that you need is dependent upon the belongings that you own and want to cover as part of your contents insurance policy. When you take out contents insurance you will need to provide the insurer with an accurate idea of how much the items in your house are worth. Failure to do so could result in you being out of pocket if you make a claim.

Most insurers have a ‘standard amount’ that they will insure you for, it is worth ensuring that this meets your needs.

With Dial Direct Contents Insurance you can choose the level of cover that is right for you. To get a home insurance quote click here.

There are two standard types of home insurance that can be purchased in the UK; buildings insurance and contents insurance. Buildings & contents Insurance can be also be purchased together. If you own a property that you rent out; you can also purchase landlord insurance.

Buildings insurance covers the structure of your house including your walls, windows and roof as well any permanent fixtures such as your bathroom and kitchen fittings. Buildings insurance also usually extends to outdoor buildings that are within the boundaries of your property.

Buildings insurance policies vary depending on the provider but typically a policy should insure your home in case of fire, flood, subsidence, burst pipes, falling trees and theft of contents. Most insurers offer additional cover options and products that can be added to your insurance policy should you require them.

Tenants do not need to worry about buildings insurance as it is the landlord’s responsibility to cover their owned building. Although, contents insurance as a standalone product is often taken out by those who are renting an unfurnished property.

Contents insurance is designed to protect the items within your home. A contents insurance policy protects your belongings from theft or damage from fire and flooding.

Most insurers offer the option of purchasing buildings and contents insurance together as one policy.

Dial Direct offers both buildings and contents insurance policies that can be tailored to your individual needs. Our buildings and contents insurance policy comes with Home Emergency Assistance and Family Legal Protection as standard. To get a quote today click here.

Unlike motor insurance, you can legally own a home without purchasing home insurance. That said, home insurance is there to safeguard and protect either the structure of your home, the contents within it or both.

It’s easy to weigh up the odds and think ‘I will be fine’ but what if there was a fire in your home or the roof was to be damaged in a storm? Would you be able to pay for the repair? Home insurance is also there to help replace belongings, including furniture and electronics that have been stolen or damaged by a fire or flood. If you cannot stay in your home after a flood or fire, your home insurance may also help to pay for temporary accommodation.

There really is no place like home so surely it’s worth protecting your investment? With Dial Direct’s Home Insurance policies you can tailor your policy to suit your needs. To get a home insurance quote click here.

When you apply a home insurance quote, you will be asked a number of questions about the structure and contents of your home. To make sure the insurer has all of the information needed to provide you with a quote, make sure you have the following details to hand:

Details about the structure of your home:

  • Your house number, postcode, property type (e.g. Flat, semi-detached house)
  • Number of bedrooms
  • What year your home was built
  • Whether your roof is flat or pitched
  • The number of people that live in your house

Details about the security of your home

  • What type of lock your home has
  • Whether you have a security alarm

Details about the rebuilding cost and value of contents of your home

  • How much your house would cost to rebuild
  • How much the contents of your home are worth
  • Whether you have any specific contents you want additional cover or ‘cover outside of the home’ for (e.g. bicycles, mobile phones)

Please be advised that you may be asked for additional information to that stated above, dependent upon the insurer’s requirements and question set.

To get a home insurance quote with Dial Direct Insurance click here. We can help protect your home against fire, flooding, storm damage and theft.

Factors such as the area you live in, your homes proximity to water, the number of trees near your home and how many claims you have previously made can all have an effect on the cost of your home insurance. The basic rule is that the greater risk of loss or damage to your property; the higher your premium could be.

Where you might deem these factors a little unfair, these factors are crucial to what your insurance premium is set at. For example, some areas are prone to flooding where others are affected by some seriously big tree roots which may cause subsidence. Some neighbourhoods have high crime rates where others may be in the middle of nowhere. So as you can see, one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to home insurance.

Other factors that may influence your insurance premium include:

  • The structure of your property
  • Security measures in place such as alarms
  • Your homes proximity to water
  • The size of the property
  • Your claims history

Dial Direct offers home insurance to cover your property and its contents, to get a quote click here.

Dial Direct Buildings Insurance will cover your home and any outbuildings that are within the boundary of your property, for damage, up to £1 Million, subject to terms and conditions. See the below breakdown of what Dial Direct will cover you for as part of our standard Buildings Insurance policy.

What is covered with Dial Direct Building Insurance?

  • £1million damage to your home and any outbuildings within the boundary of your property, subject to terms and conditions
  • Property owners liability up to a limit of £2million
  • Accommodation fees up to £15,000 or 20% of the buildings sum insured (whichever is lower) should your home be uninhabitable following an event where a claim has been made

What events are covered with Dial Direct Buildings Insurance?

  • Fire and smoke damage
  • Storm and flood damage (including lightning, thunderbolt and earthquake damage)
  • Water and oil damage from any appliance or fixed water or heat installation
  • Vandalism or malicious acts (including riots, strikes and civil commotion)
  • Theft and attempted theft
  • Subsidence, heave or landslip within the boundaries of your land
  • Damage caused by falling trees

Please refer to the policy for full terms, exclusions and limitations.

To get a Dial Direct Home Insurance quote, please click here.

With Dial Direct Home Insurance you will be covered for the repair or replacement of the contents of your home if they’re damaged or stolen. Contents cover is available from £15,000 to £99,000. Please see the below breakdown of what Dial Direct Contents Insurance can cover you for as part of our standard Contents Insurance policy.

Please refer to your policy document for full terms, exclusions and limitations. If you have any further questions on the cover your policy offers please contact us on our helpline.

Read our full guide regarding home insurance here

If you are a homeowner in the UK and want to temporarily house refugees who have been displaced from the conflict in Ukraine as family members (or members of the household), you do not need to inform us and your cover will remain the same. This applies for the first 12 months of any refugees living with you. You should inform us when your policy is due for renewal if you are continuing to house Ukrainian refugees.

As any refugees staying with you would be classed as ‘members of the household’, your policy would provide cover for their personal possessions too. However, we would strongly advise you to ensure your policy has sufficient cover for their needs as well, particularly with respect to contents cover and limits for specified items. Please contact us if you wish to make changes to your contents policy limits.

If homeowners wish to house refugees displaced from the conflict in Ukraine in their second homes, guest homes or rental properties, or for longer than 12 months at their primary residence, you should discuss this with your insurer in the first instance.

Need a Dial Direct Home Insurance Quote ?