Driving abroad

Driving Abroad

Car Insurance

Great news – you can take your vehicle abroad

What it covers

  • You and any named driver on your policy when using the vehicle within the European Union
  • Up to 60 days, in any period of insurance, full policy cover while you are using the vehicle within the countries referred to in your policy documents
  • The option to increase your cover for a longer period subject to your insurer's approval
  • Customs duty will be covered if the vehicle is damaged and the insurer decides not to return it after a valid claim on the policy
  • Transportation while the vehicle is being carried between sea or air ports or railway stations within specified countries, if by a recognised route

Things to think about

  • No International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) needed for up to 60 days cover
  • Further information on the countries that follow the above EU Directive can be found by visiting www.mib.org.uk
  • If your Certificate of Motor Insurance allows a specific driver to drive any other vehicle, that cover does not apply outside of Great Britain, Northen Ireland, Isle of Man, and The Channel Islands

Need a Dial Direct Car Insurance Quote ?

With our Car Insurance you can be confident that you are getting a premium level of cover for you and your vehicle.

Please note this website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent for cookies to be used. For further information on use of cookies (and how to disable them) please refer to our cookie policy.

Dallas Help